Toners are an important part of any beauty regime. They remove excess oil, balance PH levels to defend against bacteria, and can reduce the appearance of pores with exfoliating properties. That’s why it’s important to find the best facial toner for you and your skin. If you have a tendency to be on the dry side, you’ll want to look for the best toner for dry skin. Feel like your face is an oil slick? Then seek out the best toner for oily skin.
A toner removes traces or oil, dirt, and make up. You usually tone your face after you wash your face because it closes your pores. It leaves your skin fresh and supple. A toner is very important if you want clear oily skin.
The Best Toners for Oily Skin
Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner – 6.4 oz for Oily Skin
It’s an excellent option for those with oily skin, reddened skin, as this ultra-soothing toner contains numerous ingredients designed to reduce inflammation while promoting healthy collagen production. This toner works to remove the last traces of makeup and has a unique, silky, fluid, gel-like texture that deposits hydrating ingredients for smoother, healthier looking skin. If natural is your thing, this toner’s 98% naturally derived formula won’t disappoint.
Obagi C RX System C-Balancing Toner For Normal to Oily Skin, 6.7 Ounce
I have been using this toner for about a month now and have noticed a significant improvement in my skin. This magical toner is absolutely refreshing and my skin feels so clean after it is applied. I think I am addicted to this stuff, that is how awesome this product really is!! My skin feels smoother, more radiant, and my pores are even smaller!!
This is such a great price on this product. I have to pay twice this at the skin care center I go to. I was so excited to find it on Amazon. What a savings!! I love Obagi-C products. I have oily skin and these products have really helped put a glow back in my skin. These products are better than anything else I have tried, including $100 jars of Lancome.
Using a toner after you cleanse your skin is a satisfying experience as it cleans your skin to the pores, reducing oiliness by a considerable degree. Toners also contain acidic extracts that work like a charm when it comes to removing oil from skin.
How to properly apply toner for Oily Skin?
- Step 1 Wash your face
- Wet your face with warm water and make sure your hands are clean.
- Apply the cleanser on your face with circular motions. Be sure to cover all parts of the face: forehead, chin, nose, cheeks and neck, then rinse with warm water.
- A toner should always be applied to a cleansed face and with cotton wool.
- Fill cotton with toner and apply gently on your face and neck.
- Apply it on the forehead, cheeks, chin and nose, or the entire face. Never rub your skin when applying toner.
Do not go overboard with using toners. Experts recommend that you only use toners on the areas that give you the most trouble such as your T-zone which includes your forehead and nose and your chin. Areas of your skin which are already dry should not be exposed to toners as they can create dry and flaky patches on your face.
Notes for applying the toner on your Oily Skin
- Avoid the eye area when you apply the toner on your face.
- Some ingredients in the toner may cause irritation redness, itching, burning, and flaking.
- Never rub your skin when applying the toner on your face.
- A toner containing alcohol can dry out your skin.
- Always apply the toner on a cleansed face.