Using a night cream should be part of your skin care routine when you reach your thirties. Night creams are specially designed to nourish and improve your skin while you sleep as these creams contain lots of nourishing and moisturizing components. Night creams or serums are especially beneficial for people and / or those who have crossed the bar thirty years and whose skin begins to show the first signs of aging: wrinkles appear, the skin becomes drier, less elastic and dull.
Learn the top 10 secrets to looking young naturally…
Just download this FREE report over here.
Why you should use a night cream?
It has been scientifically proven that the ability of the skin to absorb the compositions become more active at night: That’s why you must help to regenerate by applying a night cream that will allow it to absorb nourishing compounds moisturizers and anti-aging.
Thanks to the active substances contained in these creams, the skin returns to form.
Night creams not only nourish the skin but also repair damage caused by makeup, air pollution and sunlight.
The advantages of using night creams:
benefits of using night cream for oily skin
- Nourish and revitalize the skin.
- Hydrate the skin.
- Soothe and calm the skin.
- Preserve the skin tone and finesse.
- Stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations.
- Prevent sagging skin.
- Make it the skin soft, smooth and supple.
- Improves the appearance of aging skin.
- Helps the skin recover faster and restore elasticity.
- Stimulates cell renewal.
Difference between Day Cream and Night Cream
The main difference between a day cream (moisturizer) and a night cream are the elements that these creams contain.
Day creams are lighter in regard to consistency and contain ingredients that moisturize and protect the skin against harmful UVA and UVB rays (SPF 15 or higher).
Night creams contain nourishing and anti-aging active ingredients that stimulate cell renewal, restore the elasticity of the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Night creams are thicker in consistency and often do not provide sun protection.
How to choose the best night cream for your skin?
It is essential to choose a night cream that suits your skin type.
You should never buy a chunky cream because it may damage your skin instead of repair: If the cream is too thick or greasy, it can clog the pores of the skin, leaving your skin unable to breathe naturally.
Regardless of the type or age of your skin, you should look for a cream with a light texture that is hypoallergenic (do not cause an allergic reaction), non-comedogenic (will not clog pores) and odorless.
At the age of 20
Choose a moisturizing night cream that contains more natural ingredients: essential oils, honey, aloe vera, chamomile. If your skin is oily, choose an oil free formula and non-comedogenic (will not clog pores) containing alpha hydroxy acids or beta.
At the age of 30
Once you reach thirties, you should look for a more rich night creams that contains anti-aging active ingredients – retinol, collagen, amino acids, ceramides, vitamins as well as alpha hydroxy acids. Remember to use an anti-aging eye cream that treats wrinkles around the eyes.
At the age of 40
At 40, you should start using anti-wrinkle night cream that treats wrinkles and deeper wrinkles, prevents blisters and sagging skin. Searching a cream that contains: collagen, retinol, ceramides, peptides, lipids, panthenol, copper, soy extracts, essential oils and vitamins.
The common components of night creams
Most night creams on the market today contain many active ingredients that nourish and format your skin while you sleep: substances that give shape to the skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin discoloration.
Ordinary in the night cream ingredients are vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, jojoba oil, aloe vera, honey, olive oil, apricot oil, shea butter oil, rose, jasmine, anti-aging substances: retinol, peptides,
amino acids, alpha hydroxy acids or beta, pathénol, copper, antioxidants, collagen.
How to properly use a night cream?
Whatever your age and skin type, you should always remove your makeup and cleanse your skin twice daily.
Use a mild facial cleanser and wash it with circular movements. Use a toner for the face according to your skin type to remove excess oil, dirt and makeup residue.
Let your skin dry for a few minutes before applying the cream, otherwise it will slip and will not have a great effect.
Take an appropriate amount of cream with your fingertips (on the fourth finger) and apply it on the face, avoiding the eye area.
Keep the cream, an inch away from the eyes to avoid irritation. Starting with the middle of your face apply the cream to your face giving a little assistance. Make sure to apply the cream evenly and massage slightly. Never rub the cream. Use an eye cream to moisturize and nourish the skin around the eyes.
Useful beauty tips
· Always remove your makeup at night with a gentle cleanser.
· Always use a day cream or night to cleansed and toned skin.
· Avoid using night creams too thick, it may damage your skin.
· If your skin is oily and prone to the eruption of pimples use an oil-free moisturizer and a night cream.
· If your skin is prone to breakouts or acne, choose a cream containing alpha hydroxy acids or benzoyl peroxide.
· Always use care products and makeup that suit your skin type.
· Never use strong or moisturizers to the eye because they may irritate the eyes.
· Use an eye cream to prevent wrinkles around the eyes and dark circles.
· Use products that stimulate blood circulation and oxygenation: this will help to fight against dehydration and imbalances such as excessive oil production and drought.
· Use products containing more natural ingredients: essential oils, aloe vera, honey, chamomile, vitamins and minerals.
· Remove your makeup at night carefully.
. Use a cleansing milk and remove the mascara first and when the makeup is completely removed to use a new cream for the eyes.
· Use a day cream and night of the same brand: these products are designed to work together for best results.